Aaah! It’s already August!
It’s been a while since I have sat down and mapped out the months goals. It seems a little bit silly to pick August as the month to sit down and write some goals…since August is the month that my whole world is about to be turned upside down! However, it is nice to set some fairly simply goals for this month.
If you follow my blog for exciting and entertaining content, this post might just bore you to death. It’s kind of more for me, to be able to look back on and see. So without further ado, my goals for August:
1. HAVE A BABY!
Yeah, sure, I have a birth plan all written out and I know how I WANT it to go….but really, when it’s all said and done, my goal for this month is just to have her here. With us. Outside the womb.
2. Attend at least two social/church functions after baby girl arrives
3. Meal plan September meals
During the month of August, I will have lots of help from my Momma and people in the church. While this help is here, I need to make sure that I am planning ahead to when I don’t have help. Soooo, meal plan it is. That way when my Mom leaves and I’m in a state of despair for several weeks, I will at least be able to (hopefully) have dinner on the table most days. Any great simple, nutritious post-partum meal ideas would be greatly appreciated!
4. Have some form of exercise routine happening by the end of August. The simpler, the better. But I’d at least like to be out and walking around the neighborhood on a regular basis again.
5. Survive my first night alone. With Theo’s work schedule, I will soon be spending regular nights alone. I’m not sure if this will happen during the month of August….but if it does, I’d like to survive that first night alone with a babe and have it in the rear view mirror!
6. Continue to blog 2-3 times a week. All of you who have had children laugh, cause they know what I am going to go through…and I don’t. But I would really like to stick to this blog and keep it updated on a regular basis. Thankfully, in these last few days where I am just waiting, I have been planning and even writing some of the posts that will be published after baby girl gets here. This will help keep me on top of blogging until I can get a new routine into place!
7. Get to the end of August with everyone still alive, including the two cats and the dog.
This one sounds silly, but with a huge life-change, I know things aren’t going to be easy! It might seem simple, but getting through this month with me, my husband, my baby girl, and my three pets ALIVE would be fantastic…!
I’ll let you know how all this goes when the end of August rolls around!