I’ve tried every month to come up with some goals and post them on the blog to keep myself accountable. I posted my August goals, and I am actually really impressed that I accomplished all of them!
Have a baby
Attend at least two social/church functions after Tera arrives
We managed to get out lots in those first few weeks after Tera was born!
Meal plan September meals
I did this, and it helped me SO much. Organization is key to life with a baby. Organization and flexibility!
Have some form of exercise routine
I’ve walked almost every day since 5 days after Tera was born. I’ve actually gone on a couple runs, too, although that didn’t happen until September
5. Survive my first night alone.
I actually didn’t have to do this, as they changed Theo’s work schedule and he no longer works nights! I did survive my first day alone, though!
Continue to blog 2-3 a week
If I make it a priority, it gets done. Although life with a baby goes more like this: if I make it a priority, it sometimes gets done.
Get to the end of August with everyone alive, including the two cats and a dog.
This was a pretty lofty goal, I must admit! I don’t know how the dog is still alive, as I have had numerous murderous thoughts towards him….but alas…Theo, Tera, myself, Moose, BB and Cyrus are all still alive!
Now, I know last month was September, not August. September was kind of a fog. I didn’t make goals, and I didn’t accomplish much. But I’m starting to get my feet under me and have decided to make some October goals.
1. Continue to blog 2-3 x a week.
2. Read two books.
I know this sounds lofty with a baby, but if I would just put down my phone while I nurse, I would have plenty of time to read!
So on that note…
3. Go one week without using electronics while nursing (one exception: the 3 am feeding. I’m too out of it to focus on anything besides scrolling through a screen. Bad, I know…but I’m taking baby steps here).
4. Participate/plan in 4 fall activities. That’s one a week.
5. Exercise 4-5 times a week. And by exercise I mean: do something that gets me out of the house/sweating/heart beating a little faster.
6. Write two letters.
7. Be social once a week. Have someone over. Plan a playdate. Whatever, as long as it gets me out of PJ’s and talking to someone who is not 2 months old.
8. November meal plan
And there they are! We shall see how this goes!