I was nominated for a Leibster Award by Moon Orchid Motifs. What is a Leibster award, you ask? Well, it’s simply a fun blogging “tool”, where bloggers nominate each other to answer some fun questions. I was nominated to answer the following 11 questions, and then I will nominate some bloggers to answer some questions, and then they pass on the favor! So make sure you check below to see if you have been nominated! (And if you want to be nominated, please just let me know in the comments, and I can go back and nominate you!)
So, without further ado…
How did you decide on the title of your blog?
It took me a very long time to decide on a title. Then one day it just kind of drifted into my head. The internet has a way of portraying only our good times, our clean corners and our happy kids. When I blog, I want to let people into my life- my real life. Often, this life is really, really, really mundane. I change diapers, I wash dishes, I clean the house. I often don’t do much else. Often, I find my heart pining for something grand- something that will get me followers on Instagram, or a book publishing contract….but that is not where God has me right now. He has me being a wife, a Mom. He has me elbow deep in dish suds and scrubbing poop off my hands after the 25th diaper change. And even though that is sooooooOOOOoooo mundane, it’s where God wants me right now. And where God wants me right now is Glorious. Hence, The Glorious Mudane.
What is one word that sums up the heart of your blog and why?
I kind of explained it when I answered the above question- I aim to post not only the nicely decorated corners and the happy child, but also the tough moments, and the struggles about being a wife and a Mom.
What are your other favorite pasttimes besides blogging?
I love being outside- walking, running, hiking, just sitting on a lawn chair in my backyard.
I also love sewing, crafting, and cooking, but I’m not the best at those.
What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
The community. I love getting feedback from readers that they have read my blog and something resonated with them. I also love reading other people’s blogs, often nodding along with what they wrote, or crying tears of joy/sadness along with them. Its just a great way for me feel connected with the world outside the four walls that I am in most of the time.
What project, recipe or idea from my blog would you like to try yourself?
I could never make this…but WOW! these wallets are ADORABLE! My birthday is in May, dear followers. And Valentines Day is in February, dear Theo. 😉
Where does your blog inspiration come from?
Everywhere! It comes from other blogs, from my husband, from my church family, and from my daughter. A blog post idea usually pops into my head when I am NOT blogging, and I develop my ‘points’ or my wording as I go throughout the day…and then I sit down to write the post.
What is one country in the world that you want to visit and why?
I’ve been to 13 countries, and I’d love to go back to any of them! But I think if I had to choose any country to VISIT, I would go somewhere that I have never been before…on a continent that I’ve never been on. So….I would probably go to Brazil, India or Australia. I guess I just picked three instead of one. Oops.
If you have children, what are their names?
I have one child…Tera Evelynne. I explained why we chose her name here. It’s a really meaningful name to us!
A long lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it?
A bunch of different things! I would save some. I would spend some on our house renovations/decorations. And then Theo and I would probably invest the rest in a business or investment property.
In your opinion, what is the best blog post you have written so far?
I think that the most-read blog post is the story of Tera’s birth. You can find it here. It’s probably the most personal and emotional post I have ever written, too!
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
This is such a loaded question! I see us with several children, and hopefully fostering or adopting. I would love to have a good chunk of our mortgage paid off, and the house renovation finished. I’d also love to be making an income from home while I stay home with the kids. Missions has always been in my heart, and I’m hoping that within five years we will be very involved in missions.
11 facts about me!
1. I’m a missionary kid. And I’m proud of it!
2. My worst habit is not cleaning up after myself. I am usually a pretty neat person, but when I’m cooking or crafting or doing something, I often get so involved with the task that I forget to clean up. Then when I’m done with the task, I’m too tired to clean up.
3. My biggest fear in the world….is throwing up. I also hate it when other people throw up!
4. Theo is seriously my better half. I absolutely love doing life with him.
5. I don’t know how I lived 23 years without Tera existing. It seems like she has always been there.
6. I absolutely LOVE birth stories. I post guest birth stories on the blog….you can find them here.
7. I hate doing the dishes. Also, I have never lived in a house with a dishwasher.
8. I hate socks and shoes. I wear flip-flops until I’m in danger of frostbite, and I break them out as soon as the snow melts. Unfortunately, this means that I always have cold feet.
9. I can’t take naps.
10. I LOVE cooking, crafting and sewing. Unfortunately, I’m not that great at them. Hopefully I will get better with more practice!
11. I am a total “people person” and LOVE socializing. My daughter got that gene (and more!).
And now, I nominate….
Nancy at Hannatu’s Happenings
Hannah at Stedge Racing
Abby at To Intercede
Alesha at Mommy Becoming
Sarah at Let’s Ponder Together
Alicia at Desert Violet
Tam at From the Inside Out
Rachael at Our One Piece Life
Beth at The Bee in Beth’s Bonnet
Joy at PeterJoyDay
Answer the following questions, and then nominate several (it doesn’t matter how many) other bloggers to answer several questions (again, doesn’t matter how many) of your choosing! Have fun!
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?
2. What are some of your favorite past times?
3. Describe a typical day in your life.
4. What is one thing you are sentimental about?
5. What is your most popular/most read/favorite blog post?
6. What is one goal you have for 2015?
7. What is your favorite blog post that I wrote?
8. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
9. What is the meaning behind YOUR name? Are you named after someone?
10. What is your favorite season and why?
11. Tell me 10 random things about yourself
Have fun! Just copy/past the photo of the Leibster award above, and answer the 11 questions. Then nominate several other bloggers to answer some questions! And even if you haven’t blogged in forever and a day…this is your kick-start! When you have written the post, come back and post your link in the comments so we can all read it! I’m especially excited to read the answer to what a typical day looks like…I nominated people from all different walks of life!