I’ve been really busy the past few weeks and now my entire household is down for count with a nasty cold. I’ve been really off my blogging game, so you will have to forgive me! It’s really hard for me to not peek at my daily stats, and to see them plummet from my lack of posting has me all sad inside.
So today I whipped up a little post about me! I know that I have some new readers around here, so I thought I’d share 10 weird things about me….
This is me:
(and my One Delightful Button earrings!)
I may be stranger than you thought….
1.I dip my popcorn in ranch dressing. You should try it sometime.
2. I cry pretty much anytime someone honks at me when I’m out driving. (I may or may not take things really, really personally).
3. I’m a PROUD missionary kid, but one of the best compliments I received in college was, “Really? A missionary kid? I had no idea!” For some reason that comment made me feel like I was really, really great a adapting, which made me feel really proud of myself…because adapting was hard.
4. I’m as extroverted as possible, but I HATE, HATE, HATE talking on the phone. I’ll talk to perfect strangers in a parking lot or on an airplane, but once the conversation has to happen through a phone? I’m outta here.
5. I just hate it when people touch my elbows. It literally gives me the heebie jeebies. The same feeling that you get when you see spiders crawling around? Yep, that’s how I feel when people touch my elbows.
6. I have this fear of throwing up. It’s completely different from hating throwing up. I’m absolutely terrified of throwing up. Like, I worry about it and fear it and if I ever feel a twinge of anything in my stomach, I worry and worry and worry that I’m going to have to throw up. *Shudder* (Side Note: I made it all the way through pregnancy and a natural labor and delivery without throwing up! holla!).
7. As a teacher, I hated working in the toddler room at daycare. I thought I hated toddlers. But the toddler stage is my absolute favorite so far. FAVORITE!
8. Besides one or two sips, I’ve never drunk coffee. Yes, I have two children 13 months apart. No, I don’t know how I’m still alive.
9. Up until a few years ago, I didn’t like chocolate. Not at all. Now, I will eat Hershey’s bars and kisses and Kit Kats and those rich milk chocolaty things, but I’m still not a huge chocolate fan. Along these lines, I’ll also pass on dessert 8 times out of 10. It’s not a health thing..it’s just me.
10. I cannot back a car up to save my life. I’m a great driver, but when I put that thing in reverse…I cannot do it. I think it’s because Theo and my brother Daniel made me reverse UP a long, hilly driveway when I was practicing to get my license. I’m basically scarred for life from that experience.
And that’s me! What about you? Did any of these things surprise you about me?