I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! These are so fun, and I love getting nominated by other bloggers and taking the time to nominate others, too! Plus, it’s super fun to answer some questions every once in a while!
I was nominated by Suzie at Juggling Snapshots, and I’ve been so honored to get to know her a little bit through the interwebs the past few months!
Here are the rules of the Sunshine Award:
1-Thank the person that nominated you.
2-Answer the questions from your nominator.
3-Nominate fellow bloggers you follow.
4-Give them the 10 questions to answer.
5- Include the rules.
- What was a profession you used to want to be, but are not now?
I always wanted to be a missionary teacher, out in the wilds somewhere, and probably single. I either wanted to teach national children or teach missionary kids out on their stations. I also always had a dream to be the teacher on the school aboard Mercy Ships. Isn’t it funny how a man plans his ways, but the Lord directs them? I’m not a teacher and I’m not a missionary out in the wilds somewhere, but I have never been more sure of my calling to be right here in the ministry that I’m in as a stay at home Mom and foster Mom.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as a way to keep in touch with my friends and family who were really far away. I didn’t even really know that blogging could be a profession or anything beyond an online journal! It’s come a long ways since then!
3. How did you decide the name for your blog?
I actually first started out my blog with a super boring name that I can’t even remember now. It was my husband who came up with name for my blog: The Glorious Mundane. Basically, I wanted to write about my life and how all the little mundane moments as a stay at home Mom can still bring God glory.
4. What is one piece of advice you would give your younger self?
I would tell myself to not spend so much time dwelling on the little details that I forget the big picture. Hmmm, I think that is something that I still need to tell myself currently, actually!
5. Do you have a pet? Tell us about it. Share photos.
Yes, we do! Our cat, Moose. He is a huge, loveable furball that we brought home a week after we got married. Since we have been married, we have also had two dogs, three other cats, and a dozen chickens. Once children came along we pared down the animals to our original cat, Moose.
6. If you could pack your bags to travel right this minute. Where would you travel to?
Listen, folks. It’s starting to snow outside. And it gets dark at 5. And it takes me approximately 35 minutes per child to have them bundled up enough to go outside. WHY DO I LIVE IN OHIO? I would simple travel somewhere warm. Maybe with a beach. In fact, this looks pretty great right about now:
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
7. Do you have a significant other? How did you meet?
My wonderful husband, Theo. We met at Cedarville our freshmen year of college, dated for just over two years and have been married for 4.5 years!
8. Not counting family…what do you feel your greatest accomplishment is so far in life?
I still have to say that having two unmedicated childbirths has been the most empowering experience. But besides that, I’d have to say running a full marathon. 26.2 miles never hurt so bad.
9. Which is your favorite? Coffee or tea?
Oddly enough, I do not drink coffee. No one in my family does! I loooooove tea, especially chai! My favorite is Mystic Chai tea.
10. Share your favorite holiday. What makes this holiday so special?
When people ask me this question, I always cheat a little bit. My favorite holiday is birthdays! I LOVE celebrating birthdays, and I think they are a huge deal! It’s your own special holiday that comes once a year!
Without further ado, here are my nominations!
Nancy at Hannatu’s Happenings
Charell at Happy Wife, Crazy Life
Stephanie at Marathon Bride
Erin at No Bohns About It
Amy at Amy Loves Nature
Here are your 10 questions:
- What is your favorite chore? Least favorite?
- What is the funniest comment you have received on your blog?
- If you were a season, which season would you be?
- What is your most viewed blog post?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is the meaning behind your children’s names?
- What is your favorite childhood memories?
- What are your three favorite blogs to follow?
- Where did you go on your honeymoon?
- What is one pet peeve of yours?