I’m 26 years old today!
How is that possible?
I am so grateful for this wonderful, beautiful life that I have. It’s not always easy, and I find myself hoping for different things at different points in my life, but as I step back and look at what I have, I know that I am blessed beyond measure on this 26th year.
One year, I made a list of things I wanted to do in that year, and I wanted to do the same thing this year! I wanted to list 26 things that I want to do in my 26th year.
I love having my birthday in May because it’s almost halfway through the year, so I feel like I get a whole new New Years!
Right now, on my 26th birthday, I feel a little bit like I’m drowning. I have a (new) 10 year old, a 2 year old, and a (sick) 7 month old. I mostly want to record that here because I need to look back and remember where I was at at this point in my life.
Honestly, I debated trying to make this list right now. I’m trying to survive hour to hour and I hardly have the capacity to think about whats for dinner let alone 26 things that I want to do in the next year. But I know I will regret not doing in a year when I want to look back at where I’ve come from and where I’m going.
So here goes. 26 goals for my 26th year:
- Run a 10k
- Provide a foster home for two kids
- Visit 5 states
- Finish the current journal that I’m writing in
- Go to the Ohio State Fair
- Celebrate Christmas with family
- Celebrate Tera’s 3rd birthday, Kiah’s 1st birthday and Theo’s 27th birthday
- Start writing a book
- Teach Tera the alphabet
- Celebrate Theo becoming a police officer
- Run in a color run
- Have a kid-free weekend with just Theo
- Make a small income for our family
- Memorize two chapters in the Bible
- Read 35 books
- Cook with less processed foods
- Establish a family & friends game night
- Go backpacking as a family
- Send 3 cards a month by snail mail
- Find a cute haircut and actually maintain it
- Clean out my makeup and get better, functional things that I know how to use
- Complete basement Reno
- Renovate & revamp my blog
- Roadtrip to visit family (both DeValve and Hines)
- Complete a month of a marriage challenge
- Get family pictures taken and hung on the wall