Today I’m linking up with Andrea of Momfessionals!
I missed the introduction last week, so if you want to catch up on who I am, you can click here. I also wrote a blog last week on why I blog and how I blog, so feel free to click on over to those if you want to know more about these here blog!!
Now, onto my favorite subject: Momfessional Moments!
Guys, I always thought I would be an awesome Mom. I have always, always, always loved babies. I have always wanted to be a Mom. I was teaching my Mom’s Bible Clubs for her by the time I was 14. I was babysitting all through high school. I was delighted to marry into a family that already gave me a bunch of nieces and nephews. I became a certified K-3rd grade teacher, and I spent all four years of college and two years after college around kids.
And then I became a Mom and I realized that it’s not as easy as I had thought.
Ah! I’m in charge of this LIFE! HOW will I survive?!?
And my life became full of these Momfessional Moments that I never, ever thought I would be a part of. I thought I would be a perfect Mom, but God really has a sense of humor, doesn’t he? In the past 17 months of being a Mom, I have learned to laugh at myself, too….and to confess those Momfessional Moments, because what Mom doesn’t love hearing that they aren’t they only ones who throw cheerios on the floor just to keep their kid slightly occupied?
Oh, wait…too soon? Let me ease into the list a little slower:
- I sometimes go to the gym just to ride the bike and read a book. Hey, at least I’m still exercising
- I feed my toddler grilled cheese at least once every other day
- I regularly leave the baby crying (in a safe place) while I go take a shower. I just can’t deal with the crying and I just need to take a shower. Soooo. Yeah.
- I have gone into a corner and turned my back from my toddler while eating a snack I don’t want to share. Probably at least once a day.
- I have thrown cheerios on the floor (yes, the floor. With no bowl. No plate. Just the floor.) just to keep my toddler occupied for a few minutes
- I sometimes lay on the floor in the playroom and zone out but in my head I count it as “quality time” with my kids.
- I frequently ignore phone calls that come when both my girls are actually being quiet. I want NOTHING to get in the way of my few moments of quiet!
- I “go to bed” at 8 along with my girls. Then I stay up until 11 just doing what I want to do! If my neighbor knocks on the door I pretend I’m not home! I’m an extrovert, but being a Mom makes me need me time like never before!
- I highly dislike the newborn/infant stage. I have found that I absolutely LOVE from 10 months on.. (so far)
What about you? What are some of your Momfessional Moments? Do you have any specific stories to share? If you head on over to the link-up, you can find a bunch of Mom’s linking up with their own Momfessions! Enjoy!